Rem 2-3/4" HD 1-1/4 oz BB 12 ga shotshells, great buy!

derbyacresbob

Bass Pro Shops still has the 2-3/4" HD BB 1-1/4 oz lead free loads for $9.98 per box of 10. These are Tungsten Iron heavier than lead loads.

Natchez has them for $22.49
Sportsman Guide has them for $25.47
Cheaper Than Dirt has them for $22.56

If you wanted to reload 1-1/4 oz Hevi-Shot loads the price per shell from BPI, just for the shot comes to $1.76.

To reload BPI's ITX shot in 1-1/4 oz loads would be $1.45 per shell just for the shot.

The loaded Rem HD 1-1/4 oz shells from Bass Pro Shops including shipping and tax came to $1.10 per shell.

IMG_2314.jpg

The Remington HD loads is the box on the bottom of the picture.

Originally Posted By: muskrat30 Yes, those would be great defense or predator rounds.

I have to use lead free shotgun shells on coyotes in the area I call coyotes in so I have bought a bunch of them for coyote loads and waterfowl loads. The 3" 1-1/2 oz Rem Hd BB and T shot loads are great loads and they cost about $3.50 per shell.

Originally Posted By: GCBob,
What kind of patterns are you seeing with those?

GC, I have not patterned any of them yet. When I do I will post a picture or two of the patterns. They should have right at 60 BB pellets per shell in the 1-1/4 oz loads.

They should be a great coyote load for recoil sensitive 12 ga shooters.

Yes, they could be very effective. Can't beat the price and now it seems maybe Remington has dropped the 3" HD-BB load. I'm gonna have to look around and check that out soon to see if that is true. I hope not...

Originally Posted By: GCYes, they could be very effective. Can't beat the price and now it seems maybe Remington has dropped the 3" HD-BB load. I'm gonna have to look around and check that out soon to see if that is true. I hope not...

I was afraid that they would drop the Wingmaster HD shotgun shells because they are so expensive. That is why I have bought a bunch of these Home Defense loads at this low price. I can't shoot lead shot at coyotes where I hunt at so the 1-1/4 oz HD loads looked much better to me than steel loads.

If they don't pattern very good I may take the shot out of some of them and reload 1-1/2 oz of HD BB's in 2-3/4'' Federal Gold Medal target hulls to see how they pattern. That would give me about 10 to 12 more pellets per shell.

Back